a brief review of what's new on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn etc. by our Digital Unicorn @ Digitas Sofia, Nina Dyakova
- Is testing longer lasting stories: Soon your Facebook stories will have a longer life – between 24 hrs and 3 days!
- Will launch its new Facebook Gaming App, to challenge Twitch.
- Is testing adaptive colour backgrounds for profiles, which would alter the background colour of users’ profile within the mobile app based on the dominant colour in their profile image.
- Expands Access to its Cartoonish 'Avatars' to European Users
- Users can now "animate" regular 2D pictures. Like with the 3D option, but more boring.
- Introduced Messenger Rooms: group chat platform (up to 50 people). It works even if you don't have Facebook.
- Is testing a new Challenge sticker, to prompt engagement and try to match TikTok
- Soon users will be able to simulcast Instagram live streams to Facebook
- Added Live Donation Sticker, which will enable users to raise funds during a Instagram Live stream - like a small-scale telethon via the app.
- is Testing a New 'DM Me' Sticker to Prompt Messaging Interaction From Stories.
- Is Working on Polls and a New Hashtag 'Presentation Mode'
Makes its 'Video Builder' Custom Video Creation Tool Available to More Businesses
Tests eCommerce Potential with 'Small Gestures' Virtual Gift-Giving Process
Trends in searches on the platform during COVID-19