All Digital Everything: April 2020
3 minute read
a brief review of what's new on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn etc. by our Digital Unicorn @ Digitas Sofia, Nina Dyakova
- Is testing longer lasting stories: Soon your Facebook stories will have a longer life – between 24 hrs and 3 days!
- Will launch its new Facebook Gaming App, to challenge Twitch.
- Is testing adaptive colour backgrounds for profiles, which would alter the background colour of users’ profile within the mobile app based on the dominant colour in their profile image.
- Expands Access to its Cartoonish 'Avatars' to European Users
- Users can now "animate" regular 2D pictures. Like with the 3D option, but more boring.
- Introduced Messenger Rooms: group chat platform (up to 50 people). It works even if you don't have Facebook.
- Is testing a new Challenge sticker, to prompt engagement and try to match TikTok
- Soon users will be able to simulcast Instagram live streams to Facebook
- Added Live Donation Sticker, which will enable users to raise funds during a Instagram Live stream - like a small-scale telethon via the app.
- is Testing a New 'DM Me' Sticker to Prompt Messaging Interaction From Stories.
- Is Working on Polls and a New Hashtag 'Presentation Mode'
Makes its 'Video Builder' Custom Video Creation Tool Available to More Businesses
Key Video Best Practices to Maximize Engagement
Tests eCommerce Potential with 'Small Gestures' Virtual Gift-Giving Process
Trends in searches on the platform during COVID-19